Tools for Self Reliance produces publications and resources to share information and updates on our work.
Our Vision : The vision of Tools for Self Reliance is a world free of poverty , where people can use their skills and energies to meet their needs and aspirations .
Our Mission: Our mission is to contribute to poverty reduction in Africa by working with partner organisations to empower people to build sustainable livelihoods through the provision of tools, and training.
Our Values: Tools for Self Reliance has always and will continue to emphasise the following values that underpin the work we do both in Africa and the U.K.:
- Ubuntu – an African word that expresses humaneness, gentleness, hospitality, altruism, empathy and humility
- Equality and Justice – we value people for who they are and not for what they are
- Self Determination – we believe that each and every person has the potential for achievement
- Stewardship – we endeavour to be as ”green” and sustainable as possible in all our work
- Partnership – is at the heart of what we do, this involves us trusting each other, empathising with each other and respecting each other
- Professionalism – we strive for quality and efficiency in all we do. Above all we care about our work and the people we seek to empower.
You can read more about the ways in which we are working towards our mission in our latest strategic plan.
Publications and resources
Our most recent Annual Review and Forging Links Newsletter Autumn 2019 are also available to download and you can receive monthly updates by signing up to our e-newlsetter.
Learning & Impact Reports
Read our latest learning and impact reports from previous projects;
Building Livelihoods for Marginalised Young People in Ndola, Zambia
Kafue Youth Skills Development Project , Zambia
Vocational training project for people living with HIV, widows and orphaned youth of Kabwe, Zambia
Sustainable Livelihoods for Unemployed Youths, Sierra Leone
Youth Livelihoods Development Programme, Bo, Sierra Leone
Enhancing Job Opportunities for Vulnerable Young People in Kenema, Sierra Leone
Preventing Illegal Gold Mining by Supporting Self Reliance Vocational Training in Upper East Region Talensi and Nabdam Districts, to develop trade skills and reduce
Read our five year strategic plan, Africa Works here – we are challenging ourselves to have more impact, and will need to work together to enable more people to earn a decent living and improve their lives.