We have a network of 750 volunteers across the UK, all playing an important part in delivering change for people in Africa. But with the Covid-19 coronavirius epidemic our priority is to keep them all safe.
Currently our volunteer groups are not meeting, collectors aren’t accepting tools donations and our Netley Marsh workshop is closed to volunteer and running with a skeleton staff team.
But there are still so many ways you can give your time to support people in Africa with practical help – all from the safety and comfort of your home.
• Sort out your old tools and sewing machines
– although we are not accepting tool donations at the moment. Tool collecting, refurbishing and shipping will be back into full action when the pandemic has passed. Your donated items will be needed more than ever.
So whilst you are at home why not clear out your loft, shed and garage.
A full list of hand tools, electric sewing machines, haberdashery items and power tools that trades people need are saved here.
• Connect with us
– Although we are keeping our physical distance – sign up
to receive regular e-newsletter.
Stay connected with us on Facebook
, Twitter and Instagram
. Read, watch and enjoy stories and news of the incredibly powerful impact you are having on empowering people in Africa to end a life in poverty. We will be sharing good news to bring balance to what is surrounding us all the moment.
• Give a Gift for Change
– Is it someone’s birthday, anniversary coming up? Order them a life changing – virtual gift here
. They will love your thoughtful gift which will also be a practical gift to a young person building a livelihood in Africa.
• Set up a regular gift
– We hugely appreciate that there are a lot of people going through an unspeakably challenging time and worrying about future finances. If you are able to your regular kind donations will ensure that we can continue to support vulnerable trainees in Africa who will need an opportunity to earn a sustainable livelihood more than ever after the coronavirus pandemic has settled.
• Challenge yourself
– Fundraising Marathons, 5k’s are still possible. With the help of easy to use apps keep yourself active using apps like Strava and Fitbit as you connect with others and challenge yourself to running 5k, 10k – link you fundraiser to our JustGiving pag
e to ask people to sponsor you £1 each kilometre you cycle, run, walk or dance!
• Tell us your ideas
– As we all will rely more and more on digital communications to stay in touch over the next we want to know what you want to hear from us. Would you like fun quizzes to do to test your knowledge on tools, sewing machines and the geography of Africa? Do you enjoy videos from the workshop of ‘How to’ guides? We want to hear from you!